Monday, January 14, 2013

Family,

Wow you guys really went all out on costumes this year. I really liked the pictures and it looks like you had fun. That's awesome that Tony is going to be speaking portuguese too. I feel like there is going to be a big portuguese club when I get back that I won't be able to join, but I'm okay with that because Ukrainian is the best language there is (sorry Jared) even if no other country speaks it and a lot of people here speak russian instead. It's kind of funny that when Ukrainians get drunk, they speak russian, even over here in western Ukraine where they are extremely patriotic and have lots of names for russians that I haven't bothered to memorize for obvious reasons. Ironically, all the swear words they use to describe russians are russian, because there are no Ukrainian swear words.

All those football things you told me sounded like they came from Derek. He knows he can write me himself, right? We actually met an american guy here who mentioned football. We met him at a really interesting meeting with a lot of english speakers who get together once a week to learn anything they can about pretty much everything. One of them invited us to come there and talk about our church so we said, why not? We also had a really cool experience this week.We have a guy we are teaching named Yaroslav and we kept calling and trying to meet with him this week, and when we finally did, it was a totally different guy named Yaroslav. Somehow we had gotten their numbers mixed up, but this second guy was really prepared, which was really awesome. It just shows you that the Lord is in control of His work and there are no accidents. Anyway, love you guys a lot. I don't have much more time to write if I want to send you pictures. Have an awesome week!

Elder Jolstead the Younger

No comments:

Post a Comment