Monday, May 6, 2013

May 6, 2013


Mother,
 That's cool about the baptisms. We are looking for convert baptisms so much that sometimes we forget how amazing the baptism of 8 year olds is too. Yeah, sometimes it takes a few tries to get the baptism done right. The last baptism here, a man was baptizing his wife and she was afraid of going backwards into the water, so that one took a few tries and some coaching. I'm glad the saturn still lives. The neon is more fun to drive, but the saturn looks cooler and you can actually hook up your mp3 player to it. Plus the neon is basically Mikey's now. So we can skype at 9:30 in the morning your time. That's the time that works out best for my companion and me. Really excited to see everyone, even though it seems like I just skyped you guys for Christmas last week. Time flies by on a mission and I'm having trouble shooting it in the wing so that it flies slower.
This week was awesome! It felt like the windows of heaven opened and we had blessings poured down on us. We found three really cool new investigators, one of which has a baptismal date for the 25th! We met with him three times this week and he came to church on Sunday, so he is really solid. He has a real desire to repent and I can't wait to see that repentence process change him. We also were able to get a lot of members on lessons with us, which I hope is a sign that the Branch is starting to get more excited about missionary work! We pretty much had non stop teaching appointments this week and we have lots of investigators. I'm really grateful for that (and so are my legs). We have zone conference this week and President Bennett of the Area Presidency is coming, so it will be really awesome. This will also probably be my last Zone Conference with President Klebingat, which is kind of sad. He is a really amazing man. Well, I'm about out of time, but I hope you all have an awesome week and I'll see you on Mother's Day! Love you!
Elder Jolstead

No comments:

Post a Comment