Monday, June 24, 2013

June 24, 2013

Mother,
No I didn't get to see the training thing yesterday, but I think the Branch will watch it next week and we will probably watch it in english at the same time, so I'm pretty excited. From what I heard, it sounds like the Church is going to be incorporating technology more into missionary work, which is pretty funny, because the area presidency just ban us from using ipods and tablets that can connect to the internet. Sounds like that will be a short lived rule.

This week went by quicker than usual, probably because I was sick for a lot of it and I am still recovering. On Wednesday we went to that city that I told about before that we are trying to open up and decided to stay the night there and work again the next day before heading back to L'viv. The only problem was that I woke up really sick. By some miracle, we were able to get back to L'viv without anything happening. I probably haven't been taking it as easy as I should be, because I haven't 100% recovered yet. I have lost about 5 of those precious pounds that I have been slowly gaining.Oh, well. They'll come back. On Saturday we had a farewell meeting with the Klebingats which was really awesome but also really sad. President Klebingat is one of the most amazing men I've ever met and his wife is a genius. I have learned so much from them and I'm really sad to see them go, but I know that the Latins will be awesome too and that there is a reason why I was called to Ukraine when this split was happening. Really weird that this is my last week in the Kiev, Ukraine mission. The split seemed so far away and then I blinked. Time is going by way too quickly.
This Sunday was really awesome, because our recent convert passed the sacrament for the first time! He was pretty nervous but he did really awesome. We had a lesson with him and President Klebingat on Friday about the Temple and Family history work which was really awesome. Hopefully he will be able to go to Kiev and do baptisms for the dead soon. He is really the only bright spot in our area right now, because we are finding it incredibly difficult to find and keep new investigators for some reason. Hopefully the work will pick up this next week. That's it for me. Love and hope you all have a great week!
Elder Jolstead

No comments:

Post a Comment