Monday, June 17, 2013

Mother,
 My niece is so cute! Nathan said that she is already trying to walk. I know that I haven't been gone nearly long enough for that to happen. It's when she starts talking that I'll get really scared. I'm glad that the surprise party for Shantewa went well, even though it rained a little. Soggy cake tastes the same as dry cake anyway. It just has a different texture.:) I'm also glad that the funeral was really good. That depressed me for a while last week. 
This week we had transfers and it went by really fast. I worked with three different companions in the same area, but thankfully was able to get a lot of meetings. My new companion is Elder Naumann and he is really cool. A lot different than my first two companions but still really cool. It was really hard to get members to work with us this week because they all went to Kiev to go to the Temple, which is awesome. One of the members who I helped prepare to receive the Melchizedek Priesthood went through the Temple for the first time, so that was really awesome. Fast and Testimony meeting yesterday was really cool and the Spirit was really strong and several members went up to bear their testimony about the blessings of the temple. I also found out this week that when Elder Holland came to dedicate the church building in L'viv, he said that the Temple in L'viv would one day stand in that very spot. That is really awesome. It won't happen my time on a mission, but the day the Temple is announced will be an amazing day. I love this city.
I don't have too much more to write, but I do have two requests. I would like to know how much money is on my debit card now because I will need to withdraw some money from it soon and I was curious. Also, in a couple of weeks we are going to have a "meet the missionaries" activity in the branch and the district leader wanted us to ask for pictures from home of us to doing things for a slideshow. He said pictures of some kind of talents, but I don't know what those would be.:) Anyway, love you all and hope you have a great week!
Elder Jolstead 

No comments:

Post a Comment